The Papa Bear, Part I

There was this Russian girl in my English class that could "read" things about people. One day we came to class, and I had been known to mess with the professor. You know, make him laugh, tell a joke. Today she goes, don't mess with him today, he's frustrated. I feel like he lost something, it will frustrate him. The professor came into class and passed back papers. Suddenly, he missed this one girl. He couldn't find her essay. He sat at the desk frustrated and looked through all of his files. "I never lose anything," he mumbled. I looked at her, and she giggled.

One day she looked at my palm and told me that two people left marks on my life and my heart. Today...I start my series on The Scar & The Papa Bear. I could never sum up these two in a year's worth of posts...but I will try to let you in.

Let's start with The Papa Bear.

In 2003 me and the girls went to Miami for Memorial Day. At the time, I was still living in Chicago. We had a ball that year. I met this guy from New York. He was funny. So flashy. Super extra. We were so a like. We hung out on the strip, laughed, kicked it, you know regular Miami vacay. Of course, after the trip we never kept in touch.

In 2004, I had moved to New York. I thought about that guy but never really thought anything else about it. April 16, 2006, Shanti and I decided to got to Reign. It was Easter Sunday, I felt like hanging out. Funny, how I remember the date exactly. I even remember what I had on...Arden B. top, who cares what it looked like, their tops are all the same every season just in different colors...jeans..Choos...thread earrings, fresh mohawk...and killer eye shadow. Just like it was yesterday.

I'm sitting in the VIP section chilling with Shanti, having a good time. We order a bottle, things are good. We are letting loose. Then I saw him. The same guy from three years ago in Miami, is standing directly across from me. Still extra. Still flashy. Still hilarious.

I send Shanti to go ask him if his name was...You know I had to be sure. She comes back with the confirmation. Ten minutes later, he's in front of me. "I see you shorty, you look good, mad different, you're fly...look at cha mohawk. I love it." He's so New York. Everyone's having a good time..we're laughing, dancing...looking...I'm looking...looking closely at the middle of the dance floor. He's all in this other dude's face. His face is screwed up. I lean over to Shanti and say, "Yo, they about to get into it." She looks up and says, "Oh please, they are playing." She continues to dance. But I know playing when I see it. This is not it. Next thing I know this light skin dude comes from on top of a booth like superman and decks the dude that The Papa Bear is snarling at. I'm frozen. His whole crew starts molly-whopping this poor kid and the VIP section spills out and everyone is in disarray.

The VIP section unfortunately has a poor exit plan. It's up stairs and there are two walls on either side. I turn around...Shanti has scaled the wall in her heels and has hopped over because the exit is full. She pauses and remembers to look for me. I'm now attempting to scale the wall. It's not going so smoothly. She has to run and catch me. We exit the club and get to the car safely...but I can't leave...I ask her to pull around. I can't leave without his information.

Going back to get his information...became one of the best and worst decisions of my life. Literally.


341.

1 comment:

  1. I hope my computer still works after spitting my water out, laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete