The Papa Bear, Part III

Okay, where did I leave off?

Right, Right, the girl. On the voicemail.

So I had to ask who the heck is that?!

He said when I asked him, "That's my ex-girlfriend. She lives in Maryland. I mean, we keep in touch, we were together for a long time, but she's not here. She's nothing to worry about."

(Remember this statement for another part in this series.)

I didn't even say anything because at this point, we were halfway through our project, I had quit my job to focus on it full time, and let's face it, if ain't broke--don't try to fix it.

My birthday party was coming around the corner and he showed up as I was getting dressed. I am plastered. Four or five of my girls were in the house getting dressed also and they are all looking to see what's in his hand. It's my gift.

He says, "Wear these, tonight." He leaves to go get dressed.

I open the bag and diamond earrings stare back at me. I'm in love.

We get to my party and him and a friend show up. The party was amazing. My favorite girls were there, my extended family. I'm dressed well. I can't complain. Now it's time to after party.

And here's where things get strange.

We leave to go to another spot and he says he's not going. I can understand that. But, I said I don't want to go either. I let him know that I wanted to go with him. But he doesn't let me. He insists that I party with the girls and have a good time. I'm pissed.

But you know me, a few shots later. I'm over it.

(Remember this incident for later in this series.)

Now. Six months later, our project is still going on (I can't tell you the project because...well...it's just I can't put in all the details. Some of you already know what it was....but for the others, let's just say it was big). I'm going hard on the project and it's finally blossoming to completion or where we want it to be.

He's excited. So am I. The date rolls around and we are having a discussion inside the project. (LOL) He always messes with me, and he says, "Oh because of this project you think you bad hunh"?

I laugh.

"No, lol."

"You think you the baddest in BK hunh"?

"Oh please, no I don't."

"All the chicks are gonna hate on you though," he said.

"Yeah, all your chicks you mean."

"Well, one is probably really going to hate you," he replied. He"s staring out the window. I rarely see him in this humble manner. He's like a little boy. I can't figure out what he's getting at.

"What do you mean one"?

"Well I mean--"

I cut him off, I knew he was referring to his ex, "Oh her, why? You told her about the project"?

"Well yeah, she's just going to be pissed when she sees it."

"See," it dawned on me. What was he talking about? I was so confused. Why does it matter what we do I thought. Who is this chick? It clicked in my head and I asked, "Well how often do you see her"?

His response, was one of the sentences that literally was my first heartbreak.

He said, "I see her everyday."

338.

No comments:

Post a Comment