I've forgotten how to date.

I was talking with my twin the other night and I asked her should I text this guy.

After careful consideration we devised a plan that was comfortable for everyone. I would wait because I text last and then if not, I would send a message the next day saying, "Hi."

*Siiiggh*

We cursed new friendships and the rules that go along with them. But wait...Are there rules?

She was going through her own "newbie" situation and said I've forgotten how to date and I realized so have I.

I've forgotten how to be giddy with excitement--well I lie, I'm always excited. Coogi shorts in all. But I've forgotten how to communicate, I've forgotten how to set something up, is it too new for that, is it too soon for this?

I've been single for a while and been devoted to being in a relationship with myself that I've forgotten how to be in a relationship with someone else. The question is, how do I gain that skill back?

I'm so busy deciphering between is he flirting, is he into this, am I into this, is that a doo rag? (No, I'm kidding) but still, I'm like looking for so many signs to just be a girl, I don't think I'm being me.

So forget it. (I wanted to say something else besides forget). I've decided that I'm going to be a flirty, giggly girl no matter the circumstances. I mean that's me. What do I have to lose?

My dignity? My pride....Come on son, I sold my self the first time I took that ferry across the cold Hudson. There's nothing to lose. If it works out, I win. If it doesn't, I win. Why you ask? Because even if it doesn't work out I've freed myself for the person that God sees fit for me, to be in my life. I'll take that any day over a stranger picking in my plate.

I won't lie to you, I'm a little apprehensive. I really want it to be something good. But how will I ever know unless I step out of the boat. I've stepped out before and I THOUGHT I had sunk. But I didn't sink at all....I walked right across the water to the other side! How could I not see this before? Just because the other side wasn't where I thought I would end up---doesn't make it where God didn't want me to be! I may have stepped out too soon, may have stepped out for the wrong person, but none-the-less I was guided safely to my own little side...I'm very happy on this island. Matter of fact--I love this island. It's nice over here. And in the meantime....I think I'll text him now...

*Giggle*....332.

No comments:

Post a Comment