But dude...what's your real name?

I'm frightened of men who don't give you their real name up front.

No not a fake name--that's really scary.

But yesterday I was walking around looking for a fedora. When this guy stopped me. He was working on this film in production and was handsome. I was interested and then he said, "Hey my name is Tokyo."

Really?

Tokyo? I couldn't wait to write this.

Now, at the time it didn't dawn on me to ask him what his real name was. I was just so in a rush I just was like ok, whatever.

But who really calls themselves Tokyo? Or who named you Tokyo, that you think it should be the name you use? Like, I'm not even saving that in my phone.

I caught a conversation before between this girl and a guy on the street. She's smiling and goes, "What's your name"? He replies, "Boo."

Like, you're a grown ass man and you're still using that name?

But I get it. Some people do have names that stick with them. A rap name. A childhood nickname. A name friends call you. It's cool. But I'm just saying, can you evaluate that name before you give it out.

Chances are if you really think about the name, it's not that hot to be telling a woman when you first meet her and your first name will be just fine.

He called my phone and I go, "Who is this"?

"Tokyo, your new boo."

*Rolls eyes*

335.

No comments:

Post a Comment