The Papa Bear, Part II

You ever met someone so smart, I mean so smart that they don't even show it, but you know it?

The Papa Bear knows everything. I'm convinced to this day. Even when he pretends he doesn't...he does. After that night I got his information, we were like peaches & cream. It just fit.

Our personalities were so similar that my friends agreed that we were made to meet. Over the course of a few months, he had became my best friend. There was nothing that I kept from him, or felt like I couldn't tell him.

Memorial Day '06 rolled around, and Mandee, Shanti and I decided to drive (yes, drive) to Miami...last minute decision. The Papa Bear and his boys had already flown down and I was dying to get into the city so we could relax and party it up.

The minute we got to Miami. I'm like everybody get dressed. We need to get to Mansion now!

We get to Mansion and I'm walking around, searching looking and where else are they, on the stage....My girls are over me. Sorry. I was on a mission. After the club, I mean it was only natural that I disappear. The Bentley pulls up and I'm throwing up the deuces to the girls and going about my business.

Yeah, ummm I got cussed out for that one. Mandee was pissed because I left them to take a cab back to the hotel, and I'm pretty sure she called me everything but a child of God. As matter of fact I remember her saying, "If you want to leave with him, then you need to come get your sh!t and fly back with him"!

Trust me, I was tempted. We got over the fork in the road...and enjoyed our vacation. One of the many vacays that I look back on and smile...good times.

Moving on...

July 4th comes around and I'm sick. Like in the bed sick, no bashments, bbq or even going back to Chicago...The Papa Bear is in the streets as usual, and comes to my house. Plastered.

"You know I was thinking," he says. "I thought about you and I thought to myself, I love her. Like, I love you."

It was one of the sweetest things I think I had heard in a long time. I didn't quite respond, well because I couldn't. I didn't want to say it right then. The following weekend he was leaving to go out of town and he called me from the plane while he was boarding...

"Hey, I'm on my way out. Just boarded."

"Okay, cool," I said. "Be safe, call me when you get there....and hey,"

"Yes," he responded.

"I love you back."

The flight attendant comes through and says, "Sir, please put your phone away."

"Wait...wait this is crazy he laughs."

We hang up.

Ahhh memories.

Fast forward to a month later...and we decided to start a project together. It was only natural. My drive, his ambition, we were destined for greatness. In the process we ended up getting on the same phone plan and I of course was getting the bills. One week, he went over his minutes so I decided to look at the dialed calls. Funny, right after my number there would be another number. Or right after that one there would be mine. Always. This number would show up every time my number did, almost the same length of time. I did what every girl would do. Called Shanti into the room to dial the number.

A girl was on the voicemail.

340.

3 comments: