The Friend's Boyfriend's Friend

Everybody knows that one couple never makes it in a friendship couple.

I don't know what it is that when you have two girls who are friends and two guys who are friends, one couple doesn't last as long. Besides the inevitable, well what did he say, and what did she say. It's like this force that pulls one couple a part before they can become something meaningful.

So you already know I got my eyebrow raised when my home girl goes, "You should meet his friend." Really? Ya think so?

No.

Of course I said okay and we go out to meet them.

He's....ok. Cool. Entertaining. Not bad on the eyes. But there's something weird about him and my friends dude.

*side eye*

At any rate at the time I was still living at home and my mom was going out of town. It was inevitable that we plan a party.

Now if you know me then you know, that not only is my mom nuts (in a good way) but every time that I have even attempted to throw a party at my house when my mom has been away it has turned into a complete and utter disaster. (Think Big Booty Judy from ATL when they said, "Her mother letting her throw another party after last year"?! and then the fire trucks pull up showing what happen last year--hmmm mmmm something like that.)She usually leaves my older cousin in charge and my cousin usually disappears after night one...

Moving on.

I plan this party and of course I have to invite my friend and her boyfriend and of course he has to bring his friend. So I get the times together and get everything situated.

So fast forward to the get-together..I mean party and I am nervoooouuus. Like, having an anxiety attack. Like are the neighbors gonna snitch? Are there too many cars on the block. What if my mom randomly comes back early? (She's like in London somewhere so that's impossible, but trust me I've seen the impossible--I was ditching school once and coming back from getting something to eat with my home girl and these guys and my mom rolls up right behind us....trust me, I'm not meant to be deceitful) So I'm like shaking in my boots.

So we are all having a great time and it's looking like it's going to be a great night. Everything is smooth sailing. I have conquered this party beast and I am a BOSS! Yeah, until my mom came home a few days later.

I get home and my mom is giving me this look like...I got a few questions. Now whenever she has a few questions it means it's....about....to....go...down. So now I'm nervous. Did the neighbors snitch? I replay every moment in my head to see where I slipped up. As I'm calculating I hear..."So where is my pager and cell phone"?

I can't breathe. I look over in the office where she kept her devices plugged up and that space...is...empty. I can't think. I can't move. I'm like wait a minute...They were there...before the friggin party....FML.

Now I have to confess...but I can't because I get the--"You better have my stuff plugged in by the time you get home tomorrow or you're going to have a problem."

I call my friend...Here is where I turn psychotic...."Well you know he is a stick up kid, he probably did take it."

O_o

I'm so pissed. You bring these kids in my house? No my momma's house and fail to tell me they are thieves?

Why me?

SOooo, I have to call my other friend because seeing how my mom was paying my car note at the time, she told me I "might" want to leave it parked for a bit.... My girl comes to pick me up and we have to take a trip an hour away to where these fools live at. I'm calling The Friend and he's like..."Toni I'm so sorry, it wasn't me it was ya girls dude." This is suppose to make it better I suppose and he reads me off his address.

We get to this mansion. No really. Sprawling grounds, it's raining. My girl pulls across the street. Me and another friend who had rode with us go to the front door. The sweetest lady in the world opens the door.

I explain to her the story, the whole truth, the party....and this lady starts crying with this concerned look on her face.

Long story short....this was this kid's foster parents and he clearly had dug a hole a long time ago with them. He had tortured them constantly with his delinquent antics and she hadn't seen him in days--as usual. She went to search his room for my mom's stuff. She profusely apologized and came back with nothing.

FML....my life was now over. I'm in the driveway. In the rain. Crying because I gotta go home empty handed....

I mean you deal with the consequences and of course this was years, years ago. But don't get it twisted....lesson learned.

Now I collect full names, log onto to NYDOC, the Fed inmate search and perform all background checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment