What's Your Type?

I've had several "dates" ask me if they would end up on the blog.

Mandee's response to that was, "That's some b!tch 'ish right there. What dude asks if he's going to be on a blog"?!

You have no idea.

I made a random comment to one and his response was, "Trying to find material for your blog"? Funny, I have a whole rap sheet on him. The last thing I need is more material.

And I'm not looking for material....it so happens my life is funny. Or at least I find it to be.It's not a bad thing to end up in my writing, you may even consider it a compliment. It means somehow, some way you have made an impact on my life, whether good or bad and I'm pretty sure the world will find you hilarious. Because I did.

Moving on.

There's the cutest girl at my job. She's hilarious. She started reading the blog this week and finds it funny. Last night before we left work we got to talking about what type of guys I date and it made me think...What's my type?

We've all had this discussion hundreds and hundreds of times. Some people say oh he needs to be this and that and look like this and talk like that. I've said it before too. And then you have the "self-proclaimed" advice coaches who say, throw your list out the window! You can't put a label on the person you want to be with! You never know who you will end up with. And I say to them....Go jump in the lake.

I'm sorry, I may not have a "type" so to speak. But I damn sure have a standard....and another list of things I don't tolerate. I mean sure I've grown enough to be flexible and I've grown enough to know that there is no perfect "man," but I'm sorry some things are important to me.

I've gotten into heated discussions before because one of things on my list is a man who can "match my fly," so to speak. He has to be stylish, he has to have some sense of fashion and it's just something I prefer. Now, that's not a deal breaker. I mean that can always change, or you can change that in other words. But if the world were mine...he would be able to dress himself....well.

But here's the point...we all have a list. Even if you say you don't, you do. And to me, that's okay. Without a standard or measure, you probably will go around dating anything. And I mean that in the nicest way. With a list (not necessarily a type) I think it means you've gotten so comfortable with yourself that, you know who you are, what you like, what you're about and an idea of who you would get along with. That's cool. But don't be afraid if someone who totally doesn't "fit" your mold approaches you. It may be worth detouring from the list.

I must admit, one of the reasons why I'm single is because of that standard. I'm sure plenty of men have approached me or we began to date and I found something that I wouldn't tolerate about them. On one hand I may hinder my own advancement, but on the other I uphold a standard that I for one am comfortable with.

What's your type?.....343

No comments:

Post a Comment