The BBall Boo

Finally right?

There's something about an athlete that just gets my juices flowing. Maybe it's the discipline, possibly the determination and dedication or maybe it's the sweat that be dripping all over his booooddddy...Either way. I live.

I had to interview him for the paper. Well I didn't have to. I strategically placed myself in a position to interview him for the paper. His coach said that he was the person to get a story from. I'm down.

So we exchange information and I set up the interview. I have to drag every piece of information out of him. He's humble. I like that.

Real family type, real quiet, you know but firm, strong. He went to Iraq, I asked him about the experience and he said, "It shows you who you really are, some people go cry and hide in the corner and some people get it done, I like to think I'm someone who gets it done." Two snaps in a circle..How yooouuu doing?

Interviews done and of course the next day I get a text. We begin the text conversation. It's cool, you know, he's a good guy.

Fast forward and I had just moved. He met me at the new house. Brought me dinner, put my bed together and left.

Nice.

We are dating now. So at the time, I was traveling for work a lot and sometimes he would come over the night before to hang out before I left. The first time, I had an early flight he just dropped me off at my boss' house so we could get in the car service for the airport. Normal right? She lives like 10 minutes away from my house, no biggie.

Until...One day I needed to leave out at like 5 am for an early flight. He came to visit and I didn't mention the time I needed to be at my boss' house because it only made sense that when I left out he would drop me off right? Wrong.

"What time you gotta be over there"? He asked.

"Well I better leave about 4:45."

"How you getting over there"?

....BBM confused face. "You"?

"No, I can't take you."

Okay, so I decide that I will just take a cab. It was already late and I didn't want to get into the why's and how's.

At 4 am I get up because, I need to leave out. He bids his goodbyes and I get my things together to catch a cab. But I have no cash and I live nowhere near a cash station and it's 4 am. Fine, I figure I can just get cash from my boss when I get to her house. I call the cab company. No cabs. I call another one. No cabs.

It's getting later. Fine. I figured I'd take the train two stops to where there are usually cabs waiting. I get there and get a cab. Mind you it's 4 in the morning. I have a suitcase. I'm pissed. We get to her house. She doesn't have cash. So now I'm like, Mr. Taximan I am soooo sorry. But you have to take me to the cash station. Guess what? My card won't swipe and it's the only one I have. The others I left home, thinking I was going to be living off per diem (daily allowance that the company pays you) and we were going to my hometown to work so I was staying two days later anyway and would be with my mom. FML.

I get back in the cab and have to tell this cab man that I will be back on Sunday and will call him to pick me up from the airport and I promise that I will pay him. God must have favor on me. He agrees.

Now I'm seething mad. I'm on the plane. Mad. I'm in my hometown. Mad. I'm on set. Mad. My boss is shaking her head at me laughing the whole time. My bestie, Misha, meets us at our hotel later that first night, and I'm still mad. They both are like you need to ask him why he couldn't take you and stop walking around mad about it.

Okay, so I get the phone out and get the text together. You know how it goes. You type, ask the girls what to say, how to word it. It's got to be right you know. Nah, Nah, nah, back up, delete, put that in, say this. Nah don't say that, say this, you know. So I get it together and press send. I throw the phone and hide under the pillow. I can't look!

Misha, picks up the phone and dun, dun, dun. It's lit up, "1 New Message."

I inhale. Press view.

"I was tired."

Tired? Tired? WTF. It's 4 am and you can't take me ten minutes away because you were tired??

My boss was like, well now you gotta decide if that's a good enough excuse for you.

It's not.

I don't deal with excuses, especially not I was tired.

I'm over him.

I'm so spoiled.

I'm so single....351

P.S. We still talk to this day all the time....hey, you never know ;).....

No comments:

Post a Comment