The I'm Confused

I met him in Vegas. I had the opportunity to take one of my bestie's, Mandee to Vegas for her birthday. I needed to go for work and I figured it would be nice to take her with as she's in the fashion industry as well. I can't remember where we all met at, she does, I know it, she's reading this going girl...at such and such... Anyway, he was French...ahh and I mean like, tall, dark, handsome, accent, fluently speaking French. I live. We hung out with him and his friends, good times. On the day he was leaving, his cousin needed to drop him off at the airport, but they were still a little off from the night before.It was major early. He called me up, "Listen, can you guys ride in the car with us to the airport? My cousin will drop you back off at your hotel, he's fine, but it just would be nice to have someone in the car too." Oh, so you want to kill us all? We agree. Randomly, he lives in the tri-state area and we vow to keep in touch. We do. We hang out a couple of times and he's cool. Besides the fact that he talks about work every five seconds and I have to drown him out for a full 10 minutes of the conversation, I can deal. One day he lets me know that an extended family member is having a birthday party, bbq to be exact and that he wanted me to attend with him. Doesn't that sound like a date to you? Now, I love to bake so I make some brownies, you know real wife type, I put on a sundress, and get ready to smile my way into my future! heh heh heh.... So he comes to pick me up and there's a guy in the front seat. Now...I'm thinking like okay, that's cool you brought your friend. But ummmm he needs to get in the back seat. He doesn't. Okay, okay. So let's reassess. This is a group trip, I'm adaptable. They talk that voulez vous the whole way there. Thing is...I took French for seven years, so I'm not excluded, I'm just kind of like, hmmm I wanted a little pyt. Fast forward and we get to the party, introductions, smiles, you know how it goes and we pick a table outside. The I'm Confused goes around to politic with friends and family and I'm left at the table with the friend.... We are chit-chatting making small talk, but you know how you try to keep it real short so it's like, I am clearly interested in your friend. So he says how he is in the city and that we should all hang out sometime, kick it, go out. Now, I'm sitting there like wait...am I open game? What is this? You know how you meet a group of dudes and they are all cool? Like it's real chill and it's clear that you talk to one of them, but you are cool with the other ones? No? Me either. So now I'm looking around real odd like, looking for The I'm confused....time for him to return. ASAP. The friend goes to find him first and they are in the corner talking....I'm so confused. Am I on a date? Is this just platonic? What's up him and the friend? I sneak away to call my mom. She was the only one who could assess this situation. Now if you think I'm funny...You can't even deal with her. She says, "Are they gay"?!? Aww...dammit Gina! I didn't even think of that. He can't be, nooo, could he? Wait. I replay the afternoon in my head, you know how a video rewinds. But then I'm like nooo, because the friend asks me for my number......I live for "the boys." Wait, is he? I'm so confused. 349.

No comments:

Post a Comment